Hello and welcome to our resource hub for Year 10 and 11 students looking for more information about the opportunities open to them at South West Durham Training!
Choosing where to go after school can be a difficult decision. We know how tough it can be thinking about what to do after school... there are so many courses and qualifications out there! But don't worry, help is at hand- the videos, posters and resources below have all been designed to help make that decision easier! Here are a few key facts about our college straight away:
- We offer hands on' courses that mean you will be spending lots of your time with us 'learning by doing'. This is great for students who want a more creative and practical experience at college.
- Most of our courses have different levels (such as Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3). It might be easier to think about these as beginner, intermediate and advanced level courses!
- Unlike a sixth form, you only choose one subject to study with us. This allows you to really focus on the subject you enjoy and gain lots of experience in that area!
- You don't have to have studied a subject at school to study it with us at college. You might start on a lower level course to build up your experience. If you have studied it before, or have experience of the subject outside of school, then you might start at a higher level such as Level 2 or Level 3.
- Many of our Level 3 courses are the same as studying for 3 A-Levels. This means you can progress onto university after studying with us! Rather than struggling to balance three or four A-Level subjects with lots of exams, you can study practically and creatively with us while focusing on the one subject you love before going to university.
What facilities are there at South West Durham Training?