- Start Date:
- 06 September 2021
- If you are aged 16 to 18 this course is free. Otherwise an Advanced Learner Loan is available.
- Level 3
This course is equivalent to three A-Levels and is designed for students planning to progress to full-time university programmes. It encompasses a range of engineering disciplines including electrical, mechanical, maintenance and computer aided design. Students work together on an engineering project (e.g. last year they helped Durham University Electric Motor Sport build a solar powered vehicle). They will also have opportunities to both work at and visit global blue-chip engineering firms through our notable alumni group.
4 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A*- C) including maths and English or a Level 2 PEO qualification including maths and English at grades 9 to 4 (A*- C).
What will I do?
Compulsory units* include:
- Health & safety in the engineering workplace
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Electrical and electronic principles
* A range of optional units are also offered and can be tailored to suit student groups.
PPE/Tools and equipment within the training centre is provided by SWDT.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.