Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
To enjoy a successful career as a plumber you will need to be qualified to at least Level 2. As part of your work, you will need to follow technical drawings and plans and have a careful and well-ordered approach. This course is designed to equip you with the skills required for employment in the plumbing and domestic heating sector.
The theory and practical units as follows:
- Health & Safety in Building Services
- Engineering Electrical principles and processes for building services
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within the building services.
You will need Safety Footwear and overalls which you can purchase from the College.
Once completed and gained suitable grades you may want to progress to the Plumbing Level 3 course or a paid Level 2 NVQ Apprenticeship.
You will need four GCSEs at grade 9-4 including maths and/or English is normally required. An interview will assess your suitability and interest in the subject.
Course fee as set based on the age of the student at 31 August in the year they begin their study.
This course is fully funded for
- All students aged 16, 17 and 18
- Learners, aged 19 to 23, without a full level 2 qualification
24+ students, will be required to pay course fees up to £3,300.
For information on fees please contact email@example.com
Information on learner loans can be fund at: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview
Full time; 3 days per week, Monday to Friday
The course runs from September to June