School Programmes (GCSE & BTEC)
In our dedicated schools workshop and computer facility we work with local schools to deliver BTEC 1st Certificate / Diploma and Dual Award GCSE in Engineering for year 10 / 11 students.
This is a dedicated facility, available to Schools throughout the region, designed to address the needs of the 14 -19 Agenda.
The workshop is fully equipped with a wide range of tools and equipment to enable the manufacture of engineering/electronic projects.
- Manual and CNC lathe
- Manual and CNC milling machine
- PCB Manufacture
- Pedestal drills
- Plastic Injection Moulding
- Vac Forming
BTEC 1st Certificate Units cover:
- Unit 1: Working Safely and Effectively in Engineering.
- Unit 2: Interpreting and Using Engineering Information.
- Unit 8: Selecting Engineering Materials.
- Unit 10: Using Computer Aided Drawing techniques in Engineering.
- Unit 18: Engineering Marking Out.
- Unit: 19 Electronic Circuit Construction.
All BTEC and GCSE coursework includes developing manual skills and practical projects.